Saturday, January 22, 2011

Snow, Flowers and Back to School

So, this weekend has been interesting.  Due to heavy snow, I was unable to volunteer at camp this weekend, which made me very sad.  I then decided that I would not let this sadness ruin my entire weekend, so after I finished my homework on Friday, I decided to crochet some more.  While crocheting, I decided that I would try a final attempt at making crochet flowers (I have been trying to make these darn thing since December.) I found a much better pattern to work with here... http://youseriouslymadethat.blogspot.com/2010/11/sweet-little-headband-tutorial.html  I was surprised at how much more simplified the pattern was.  After about thirty minutes of tinkering, this was my end result... {Drum roll please!}

I am so proud!!  It actually looks like a flower and not a star, or just a blob of yarn.  Since I made the first one, I have been making them very quickly, so I plan on gifting three specially made flower hats, to three very special little girls in my family... my little cousins Riley, Ella and Maggie! (I will have to post pictures of them when the are finished.  I have already started on one, since Valentines Day is right around the corner.)

Also, I had decided a week ago, to make a special gift for my big sister Erin.  I decided that since she was making some gifts for me, I should return the favor, so I worked on this scarf for her and it was finished on a few days ago. And just so you know she really liked it!



Finally, back-to-school has officially arrived, and I must say that I had a great day back to school.  I loved all my classes, and it looks like I will be doing a lot of reading this semester, but I LOVE to read, so this shouldn't be a problem for me.  Here is a picture of me on the first day of the Spring 2011 semester. I know it is dorky, but I love to document these little moments. Ha!

The only thing that rained... well snowed on my parade, was the snowstorm that started to roll in at the beginning of my last class that day.  What started as a "little" snow turned into a "ton" of snow, but I must say that thank goodness I made it home safe and another positive to that is while I was waiting for my Dad to pick me up from school, I got to read a little bit more on my kindle e-reader, which I had been neglecting to do prior that week. Haha!

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment