Monday, January 10, 2011

Introduction

My name is Lacy.

I am a student at Lindsey Wilson College, studying toward a Communications degree.

I aspire to one day be a Speech Pathologists and teach Speech Therapy in a classroom setting.

I love crocheting, music, crafts, blogs, fashion and the volunteer work that I do through being a Bonner Leader.


I was raised on a farm in South Central Kentucky which means that I am a bit of a country bumpkin.

When I am not a full-time college student, I spend my time as a camp counselor at the Center for Courageous Kids. CCK is an amazing place for children with special needs and their families. I put a link of the website here, you should check it out (The Center for Courageous Kids).  This medical camp has filled me with a love and passion for working with children with special needs and I am forever grateful for this.

I have a passion for helping others.  I believe that service to others is one of the greatest gifts that we can provide to others.  My calling in life is to be a smile and helping hand in the dark world that we live in today and with this thought, I serve others not for recognition or notority but because I am simply called to do so. 

My main objective for this blog is simple, later in life I want to have a resource to look back upon.  I have always longed to journal each day, but often, I would purchase a new beautiful journal and never even write in it.  Cleaning out my room a couple of months ago showed me how wasteful I have been with this objective.  Since I am often on the computer I have set the goal of blogging about my life as often as I can.  I want to write about new crafts I have found, new recipes I want to try, new things I have crocheted, my work as a student and community volunteer and just the interesting happenings of my twenties.  I simply want to write about my life plain and simple.  I hope that you enjoy my posts and feel free to comment.







                                                

XOXO,

No comments:

Post a Comment