Monday, March 24, 2014

Learning How to Trust My Journey

  I was recently digging through my jewelry drawer and stumbled upon two pieces of jewelry that I hadn't thought about in couple of months.  I was looking for my usual spring weather jewelry when I found my two Trust Your Journey bracelets, that my big sister and I call our "sister bracelets."  A smile immediately formed on my face because these two bracelets has experienced a lot of joy over the couple of years that I have owned them.  From camp where my campers taught me that life is about investing and serving others, to school where I realized that I have a passion for learning and growing intellectually.  These simple bracelets are always a source of reflection when I would look at them.  Life is about trusting our journey and believing that our dreams are capable of coming to reality.  We may not understand all that life throws at us but the good and bad experiences of our lives teach us that life is about embracing change and moving through life's ups and downs with a spirit of grace, joy and optimism.  Life is about moving forward not backward.

  When we embrace this notion of trusting the journey, we realize that nothing in life is coincidental.  For example, I have been thinking a lot lately about the future and the desire that I have to become a speech language pathologist.  I can't help but think, as I await the email determining if I start graduate school this fall or not, that the events and experiences in my life thus far have been apart of the journey that has allowed me to want to pursue this career.  When I trust that God has placed this call on my life to help others find their unique voice, I am reminded that all of the educators, mentors, friends and family who have encouraged me on this path were not doing so by chance; but by purpose.  They were the support system that I needed to have in order to understand the potential that I have to do this job.  Though the road is stressful and winding at times, I have to keep moving on and trusting that God has seen me this far and he will not turn his back on me now.  We can all find comfort in this realization!  We are not alone and our lives are not a coincidence or accident, our lives are 100% a realization of the plans that God has for us.  Isn't that such a beautiful thought!

  My challenge to you today, is to trust your journey and to not loose hope in whatever portion of the journey that you are currently on.  Change is a part of life but the only way to truly live in the moment is to look forward and not backward.  We are all like an arrow and we all are capable of finding purpose and meaning in our lives when we take time to understand why we are being directed toward a certain part of life.  I may not know all that God has planned for me yet but I believe that he is with me and moving in the midst of what is unfolding.  I will give him all the glory for whatever happens, because I know that he is an amazing God who cares for me and loves me deeply.  We may not understand everything from this side of the kingdom but in the end it will all make perfect sense.  Because of this, we just have to learn to trust our journey and the one who is fulfilling it!



No comments:

Post a Comment