Friday, April 11, 2014

Give Out What You Most Want to Come Back...

"Give out what you most want to come back." This has always been one of my mottos. It is hard to realize sometimes how much our thoughts and actions in our day to day lives affect the trajectory of our experiences. Sometimes when I catch myself in the moment of a "difficult" situation, I have to stop and pray to myself, "Lord give me patience, compassion and the ability to see others the way you see them." This week has been a difficult week and sadly this has been my prayer through most of it, but I made it through!

You see, I work with kids! I love my job and I have never wanted to do anything except change the lives of children for the better. When I go to work each day, I remember that if I am going to expect to teach my clients patience, hard work, compassion and empathy for others; I, myself, must offer those things to the world. Life for me lately, has become more about purpose and mindfulness and less about just allowing life to happen around me.  I have learned that when we seek to make the world a better place, it becomes less about investing in our own experiences and more about investing in the lives of others! When we make the mindful choice to give to others what goodness we want for our own lives, the world is changed for the better. Each us have unique qualities to offer the world and we all have something that we can do to make the world a better place. The niches that we are all born with are not accidents they are God's way of filling us with the potential to change the future and rewrite history. Those niches are the opportunities that we have been given to turn "difficult" moments into blessings! So in those moments where we can only bite our tongues,  smile and pray for a better outlook, we must realize that we desire for others to give us patience, compassion and empathy and if we deserve those blessings than others do too!

Life is ultimately about how we deal with the obstacles and issues that arise along our journey. It is also about how we treat others and how we walk through the fire. The ideal world, that I imagine, is one where everyone is treated equally, all individuals feel loved and compassion is rampant. But last time I checked the news, my ideal world has not yet come true. I aspire for everyone within the sound of my voice, gaze of my eyes and reach of my hand to know the love and grace of God. I feel that to change the world, you have to melt hearts from stone into love and share with others what makes salvation in God such a life changing thing! This involves being a living representation of God's love and making the choice to share that love with  the world so that maybe God will flow into the hearts of others like a mighty wave.  Every day (good or bad) affords us the opportunity to show others the power and presence of God.  What we gift the world as Christians is the most realistic and authentic representation of God that most people will ever experience. This realization proves how big of a job we, as Christians have  in our day to day lives. If we are going to be the hands and feet of God and change the world; we must first make sure that we ourselves are living as God would want us to and that we are giving to the world the gifts and qualities that God would most want us to share.  

  So let your light shine and dare to believe that you have the potential to change the world. Give to others the blessings that you believe are good and admirable.  Make the choice every day to live with purpose and the understanding that you have the potential to move mountains with God by your side. Life is hard and it tests us from time to time, but when we give our lives to God, we have someone to walk the road with. I want to challenge you to give to the world what you most want to come back. Strive everyday to let no one leave you without being lifted up through compassion, patience and empathy. Love is the key to everything and when we actively decide to make love our  mission, the lives of others will be revolutionized through a movement of God that cannot be contained 

No comments:

Post a Comment