Wednesday, April 6, 2011

April 5, 2011: One Day Without Shoes

Hello everyone!!  Yesterday was Toms One Day Without Shoes and I participated for the entire day walking around my campus without a bit of shoes on.  This was my second year of doing this and I must admit that it is very liberating to know that you are doing something as simple as not wearing shoes for one day as a way to raise awareness about those that go without each and everyday. 







I would think that each and everyone of us understand the importance of shoes.  Shoes provide a barrier between our feet and germs and they help us from getting cuts, scars and even wounds.  I personally wear shoes every single day but lots of kids outside the United States don't, simply because they aren't available.  The one thing that I love about Toms shoes is their One for One program.  Simply put, you purchase a pair of these awesome shoes and they give another pair to a child in need.  So in light of this initiative, I decided to leave my shoes behind and walk all day without shoes.  Our Bonner group and other students on campus were able to raise curiosity and awareness.  We had a walk that evening and a large group of us walked around campus together united for this issue in the world.  I plan on doing this again next year and if you did not this year, I encourage you to do the same and check out TOMS as a way to raise your awareness.
      Did you go one day without shoes??  If so tell me about it!

XOXO,




No comments:

Post a Comment